Maintenance/Cleaning Instructions for SOLERA® Units
When it comes to cleaning, SOLERA® is like any other glass. Any cleaner approved for cleaning glass can be used to clean SOLERA® units. Follow common glass cleaning procedures and observe all glass handling precautions.
• Do not clean glass when it is directly exposed to sunlight.
• Inspect the glass surface regularly for damage, residue and stains.
• Clean glass soon after installation and monthly during construction.
• Confirm that the cleaner to be used is compatible with the glass and adjacent materials (i.e. sealants, structural members, trim).
• Never submerse the pressure equalization capillary tube (breather tube).
General Glass Cleaning Instructions:
• Follow solvent manufacturer’s directions, recommendations and cautions.
• Apply cleaner by spraying or using a clean, grit-free cloth or sponge.
• Wipe cleaning solution in a circular motion using light to moderate pressure.
• Rinse immediately with clean water until no cleaner remains.
• Dry with a squeegee or clean, lint-free cloth.
• Clean the glass surfaces from the top of the building down, to prevent dirtying previously cleaned glass below.